"Leslee and I are blessed to have five children, eight grandchildren and a large extended family living in the area. I feel fortunate to have grown up here and to have been educated in our State.
This is a very unique place and I do everything possible to protect it for future generations."
Montanan’s have a proud history of independence, resourcefulness, self-reliance and personal responsibility. We don’t like outsiders telling us how to manage our lives and our lands. By outsiders, we mean any area outside a 2-foot circle around a Montana voter. We continue to have ever increasing local, state and federal attempts to regulate every aspect of our lives. Leave the management of our lives and lands to the people of Montana.
I have proven my commitment to:
Protecting and Preserving the Rights and Freedoms of all Montanans
Providing Necessary Resources for Local and State Law Enforcement and Fire Protection
Promoting Job Creation Through Limited Taxation
Forever Protecting and Preserving Access to Montana's Public Lands
Fighting to Reduce Business, Income and Property Taxes
Encouraging Responsible Development of Montana's Plentiful Natural Resources
Returning Healthcare Options & Control to Montanans
Defending Personal Freedoms & 2nd Amendment rights
Creating More Efficient State Governance
THE ISSUES AT HAND
The Stakes are High
I believe in local school control and school choice - 12 years of educational experience as a teacher and administrator provide me with a unique perspective on successful educational strategies and outcomes.
Local School Boards and Administrators must be advocates for parents/guardians and students. Sadly, many board members and administrators have abandoned the desires of parents/guardians and have even defied their requests. The responsibility for the education of school-aged children rests first and principally with parents / guardians.
Critical Race Theory - Promoting Pornography - Undermining the Will of Parents / Guardians
This is NOT the task of our public education system.
Teaching Critical Thinking - Promoting World Class Instruction - Upholding the Will of Parents / Guardians
This is the sacred duty of educators in Montana.
I believe parents, teachers and administrators, working collaboratively, can create educational programs locally that fit the needs of students in Missoula / Lolo / Alberton and throughout Montana, better than federal bureaucrats in Washington DC.
I believe competition creates innovation and improvement. Montana is one of only 8 States in the US with no form of publicly financed school choice. Why wouldn’t Montana, like the 42 other states with educational choice, consider public
Here are some commonly recognized advantages for publicly funded charter schools:
1. Increased Innovation. Charter schools have the independence to try new forms of teaching to discover the best way to reach their students.
2. Increased Efficiency. Charter schools avoid a myriad of challenging government regulations and the interference of state officials.
3. Greater Accountability. Charter schools must attract students to succeed. If they do not attract sufficient numbers of students, they will close for budgetary reasons, or their charter can be taken away.
4. Increased Competition. Charter schools treat education as a product and must compete for families as customers. This is an ultimate form of accountability.
We’re spending more than $11,000.00 per student/year on education in Montana. Are they receiving the best possible education?
Based on current test results, the answer to that question is: NO!
Immigration and Refugee Resettlement
After the horribly botched Afghanistan withdrawal, the US flew more than 85,000 Afghans to the US. Of those 85,000+ people, only about 750 were thoroughly vetted. Protecting the legal citizens of the US, by preventing unvetted foreigners from entering our State and Country, is of paramount importance to maintaining our sovereignty and security.
We cannot allow unidentified and unscreened people from countries who want to destroy the US to enter our Country. That includes those thousands upon thousands of people who daily cross our Southern border with drugs. trafficked humans, weapons and diseases.
Montanans shouldn't be subjected to a tsunami of unvetted people who may try to harm us and don't want to assimilate into our culture.
Failed Democrat policies on immigration are making Montana less secure.
Stop the insanity.
For a Better Future
1) HB 702, passed in the 2021 Legislative Session, prevents discrimination based on vaccination status and vaccination passports. Montana is the only state in the US with such protections for her citizens. Healthcare is a personal decision and State and local bureaucrats have no business telling citizens what they may or may not do regarding their healthcare. Experimental gene therapy shots MUST NOT BE MANDATED!
2) Medicaid expansion is a key part of Obamacare and it continues to bankrupt the State of Montana. This is happening due to higher than planned enrollment numbers (many of whom are able-bodied and childless males) and costs that the Democrats and other supporters are kicking down the road.
3) Medicaid Expansion is responsible to pay for 1 of every 6 abortions in Montana. Medicaid Expansion will also be responsible to pay for 70% of the sex change operations occurring in Montana.
4) The medical community is concerned that with fewer doctors and more patients, healthcare is being compromised.
5) LOOK AT THE CONTINUING VA CRISIS!! That is the health care that the government provides.
6) There are ways to get coverage for individuals who need it and to improve the healthcare system without all the federal regulations that Medicaid / Obamacare imposed.
7) Healthcare costs could be reduced by 75% if 2 changes were made: the first is to make pricing for medical procedures transparent. The second is to allow individuals to have fully funded Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
8) Innovation in Healthcare delivery, using Direct Primary Care and Health-sharing Ministries, are contributing to the improvement of healthcare delivery and are contributing to significant cost reductions.
Protect & Preserve Public Lands
PUBLIC LANDS – whether state or federally managed – are critical to the Montana way of life.
That’s why - as a hunter, fisherman and outdoor enthusiast - I’ve always promoted and protected
the preservation of our public lands.
Don’t be deceived by out-of-touch liberal Democrats claiming that Republicans want to “sell off” our public lands. Such claims are blatant lies. In truth, Democrat Governors sold public lands during their tenures. Federal BLM and Forest Service have sold public lands and closed more than 25,000 miles of forest trail access. There is not a single incident of a Republican state legislator advocating the sale of public lands.
Democrats have OVER-TAXED OUR CITIZENS, devastated our Montana economy, decimated our natural resource development, and limited access to our federal public lands. Their only hope is to attack defenders of public lands – Republicans – by shifting the blame from themselves to someone else. With a failed economic track record, Democrats must create a “non-issue” and use that as a talking point.
Montana public lands, managed by Montanan Republicans, will remain public.
Improving Our Economy
Business development and job creation are vital to our improving Montana's economy and reducing our national debt. I've worked, and will continue to work, to get the State Government out of the way of businesses.
Montana is 46th in overall income in the US.
Montana ranks CLOSE TO THE BOTTOM in income among millennials under Democrat governors. Montana needs Republican leadership committed to changing that dynamic and we did just that in the 2021 Legislative Session..
We need to eliminate business taxes, like the business equipment tax, which are ultimately paid by consumers.
Republicans are effective at reducing government regulations and we'll continue to pursue pro-business policies to help promote business development and create a better Montana.
Learn more and join the cause today.
State and Federal Security
My support for local and state law enforcement is unwavering.
Unlike many of Missoula and Montana's Democrats who call for defunding law enforcement, I believe funding law enforcement is a Montana Constitutional obligation.
Montana must never become like Portland, Seattle or Chicago.
I will always work to fully fund our committed LEOs, who put their lives at risk for our protection every day.
Fighting for you
Brad Tschida's Background
12 years of experience as a teacher and administrator: allows me unique perspectives on successful educational strategies and outcomes.
Served on the House Appropriations Committee - 2015, 2017 and 2021 Montana Legislatures.
Served as House Majority Leader during the 2019 Legislative Session.
As a former business owner, I understand that businesses, NOT governments, create strong communities and economic prosperity.
My supporters include Libertarians, Independents and Conservatives because they know my proven ability to attain common sense solutions among multiple groups.
Active involvement with service organizations, coaching youth sports and serving on nonprofit boards has given me a deep appreciation for the vibrant communities that we live in and the wonderful people who are our neighbors.
Memberships include - NRA / MSSA / MT Fish and Game Association / St. Anthony Parish /
Montana Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife / Knights of Columbus